Dravya one of the most important subject of Ayurveda, in which we study about medicinal use of Plants. According to ayurvedic principles Plants help in the treatment according to their ras, guna, virya, vipak and prabhav..
To be a good practioner, detailed knowledge of every herb being used in the line of treatment is mendatory. Or otherwise we have to learn about all detailed and non detailed plants of dravya guna to succeed in dravya guna exam.
It’s not easy for students to remember botanical name, morphology, rasapanchaka (Ras, Guna, Virya, Vipaka, Doshkarma..)
So you can learn raspanchak of dravya guna plants by this trick Here. It is trick for detailed drugs of dravya guna.
We have described this trick according to different RASA of plant.
- Rasapanchaka trick Madhur rasa plant
- Rasapanchaka trick amla rasa plant
- Rasapanchaka trick lavan Rasa
- Rasapanchaka trick katu Rasa plant
- Rasapanchaka trick tikta Rasa plant
- Rasapanchaka trick kashaya rasa plant
In these tricks the following letters stand for following Rasapanchaka :
First letter = Rasa
- M = Madhura Ras
- A = Amla rasa
- K = katu Rasa
- T = tikta Rasa
- Ks= Kashaya Rasa
Second letter = Guna –
- R = Ruksha
- S = Snigadha
- L = Laghu
- G = Guru
Third letter = virya –
- U = Ushana
- S = Sheeta
- A = Annushana
Fourth letter = vipaka
- M = Madhura
- K = katu
Plant of Amla and lavna ras:
- Aamlaki – Panchras means having 5 ras madhur, amla, katu, tikta, kashaya. amlapradhan and lavanavarjit
- Hritaki – Panchras:madhur, amla,katu, tikta Kashaya.
Kashaya pradhana lavanvarjit
- Rasona – Panchras: madhur, lavana,katu,tikta, Kashaya; amlavarjit